Thursday, February 27, 2014

Begining of my new book.


So this is really scary and exciting to be sharing this but here is the prelude and part of the first chapter of the book I just finished. I would love feedback good and bad. Thanks for reading!

Prelude

It can only take one moment, a minute or even a single second to shift your whole life forever. To have everything you ever believed in, or thought you were living for to get ripped away from you like a hurricane tearing away everything in sight. Just gone. I didn’t know that my life was going to have more than one of these moments. That life seemed to keep throwing things at me, to continue to try and knock me off balance. Eighteen years of confusion, of unanswered questions, of going through the motions and then it hit me. The hurricane I never saw coming. Never would I have been able to foreshadow these events, these moments, these minutes that brought me here; to him, to them and to myself.




Chapter One

The wind whipped my dark blonde hair across my face as I stood on the very top of the giant red bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge to be exact. With my eyes closed I took a deep breath and listened. I could hear the cars whooshing by far below me, even further, the sound of the water hitting the rocks in the distant, the seagulls crying out to each other and large crate ships' billowing horns.
I felt the pull then. The buzz of adrenaline started to course through my veins as my body reacted to what I was about to do. I opened my eyes to see the sunset sky splashing orange and yellow hues into the scene. I smiled to myself, stretched out my arms and let my body fall.
I heard a scream further away and horns honking at me as I fell though the fog. The pull grew harder as I drew closer to the water below, gravity pulled against me as I fell. It always surprised me at how fast I got to the bottom. Right before I hit I let the pull grab me whole, away from the water which could have easy stole my life if I let it, and it threw me into the between-world filled with screams.
They were louder than I’d ever heard them but I knew not to hesitate. The pull kept going just as fast and threw me where I needed to be. It was all still as I open my eyes and stared at myself in the mirror of my bathroom. It always took a minute to shake off the fear of the screams. To pass through the world in between, a place in which I had no knowledge of.  
I am a teleported or that is what I call it. I have no other word to describe it because I have never had anyone else to ask about it...

4 comments:

  1. Maddie this is so good! It totally grabs the readers attention, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ariele. It left me wanting to read more and I love the description you give of her surroundings. I was able to get a great picture and feel of what's going on in her surroundings. :) Thank you for the preview, I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete